Monday, April 20, 2009

Quickie Carpaccio

I made sashimi last night and had some extra, so tonight was carpaccio.
DSCN4591
Cut fish very thin, and spread in a single layer as evenly and prettily as possible on a plate. Drizzle generously with fine olive oil. Grind fresh black pepper and sprinkle coarse salt. Scatter with something acidic and crunchy; I used capers for one plate and scallion (negi) for the other. Shave a little Parmesan on top, if you like. At the last minute, squeeze on some lemon juice and serve immediately with crusty bread.
DSCN4594
It was delicious, albeit my wife's first remark was, "it tastes like fish!" Just my luck -- I married a smart aleck. Still, I am rather proud that I made these two plates without going shopping. This is technically leftovers.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: